We had a lovely Christmas. It really was just wonderful. This is a run-down of our holiday celebrations.
*Caution: long post and lots of pixWe started off Christmas Eve at my dad's house which is tradition since my parents divorced when I was little. The entertainment of the evening was watching my nephew (who is 3) and niece (who is 1 1/2) open their presents. They are hilarious. It's always great to be with family.

We gave Calvin a hard hat so he can be like Bob the Builder. He told us he was smiling for the picture. I don't see it.



Luckily, this year we did not get locked out of our apartment on Christmas Eve. Fortunately, our doorknob has held up.

We slept in Christmas morning and then opened presents with just us two. We love having our own little Christmas together and we both got some AWESOME stuff. My top three are a new pink camera & case, a sparkly sweater, and a make-up bag that says "Naughty" (long story). Tyler's top three (I'm choosing for him) are his guitar, the GPS device his parents gave us, and a white sweater from Express. Our favorite gift together is Guitar Hero World Tour which we opened well before Christmas because we couldn't wait.

Then we went to my mom and Tim's house and opened presents and ate cookies. We played our first game of Ticket to Ride and now want to buy it. It's fun!


We headed out to Tyler's aunt and uncle's house where we ate prime rib, played Guitar Hero, and opened more presents. And yes, Kim's apron says, "I like Cougars....medium rare". But don't worry, we'll stay true blue to BYU!


We left their house in South Jordan around 10 but it had been snowing and was snowing hard when we left so we ended up driving back to swap cars with Tyler's uncle because they have an Explorer. Even still, we didn't get home until well after midnight because the snow was so bad. We drove around the point of the mountain and the wind was blowing so hard that cars 10 feet in front of us disappeared completely. It was the SCARIEST driving Tyler and I have ever done. We were so grateful to get home!
The next morning we rose bright and early and flew to Jersey to see Tyler's family. We went to Hershey, PA and visited the chocolate factory. After touring the facility, we are now experts. ;)


We went to Philly for New Year's Eve and nearly froze our bums off! We kept warm by doing jumping jacks and drinking hot chocolate. The firework show was beautiful. We had front row seats right by the water (they set off the fireworks from a barge), and it was so cool! It was worth being so cold!


We saw Twilight for the second time. I know there are many, many differing opinions on this, but I just want to say I liked it. PS-Going to the movies in Jersey is so expensive! We went to a matinee and it was $8 a ticket! Sheesh.
We went into New York and did a session at the Manhattan Temple. Cool fact--the Celestial Room is a room inside a room to block out any possible outside noise. It's a really pretty (and really small!) temple. We walked around Central Park a little. I wanted to break into song and see if everyone would start dancing and singing like on Enchanted, but Tyler was too embarrassed.

We stopped by the Rockefeller Center and saw the infamous tree. It's big.


Tyler's mom Lupe and I strolled through Times Square and took some pix but it was so so so cold we didn't stay that long. We were there and that's what counts.

Did you notice the policemen on horses?! I've only seen that in the movies.

Before we left we met Ron in Philly for lunch and ate at Five Guys (YUM!). Ron works in Philadelphia so he knows all the "cool" places. He made sure we got pretzels at the best pretzel place there.

We did a little shopping at H&M which is my favorite store and there are none in Utah. Someday I will live within driving distance of one.

Philadelphia is a cool place. They have neat buildings. The building behind Tyler & Lupe is the tallest building in the world made without steel (it's all brick and mortar).

They also have LOVE there. It IS the city of brotherly love after all. And we loved it.

We are now home, safe and sound, and back to the grind of school and work. It was so nice to get away for a little bit, but it's also nice to be home.
5 comments:
Fun! Umm, I need to talk to you about Hershey because we very well might be moving there this summer. (!) Yay for chocolate. Your trip looks so fun! And I am jealous, H&M is the best. We did a lot of rock-banding over the break, but we need to try g.h. world tour, it looks awesome!
Wow, I have lots of comments going through my head during that post and now I can't remember them all. Your guitar hero game is really fun and we want to play it again, the snow storm that night was horrible and I have to say that I warned you. We were scared driving home too. I am jealous you get to go back east every year. I want to go, maybe we should plan a trip to go together sometime so that Tyler can show us how to get here and there and everywhere.
Awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time. You went to lots of cool places! You know, I've never even heard of H&M...don't hate me (or maybe I should say, "Don't be a Hater"). ( ; Love your "cloche" hat! Adorable!
I would also be extremely temped to sing/dance in Central Park. Good for you for the self-restraint! Heheh!
I am so jealous you guys had five guys! I just want you to know that we introduced the parentals to taht place! I am sad that we didn't get to be there... I wonder when we'll all be in the same place at the same time again! Oh, and you can set your blog to have the pop up for comments...it's somewhere in your settings, I just can't remember exactly where!
It's been forever since I've looked at your blog, but it looks like you had an adventurous christmas! You even came pretty close to us here in DC. We want to take a megabus up to new york when it warms up a little, so it was fun to read your opinion on things. I loved Philly-did you get to see Rocky?
Post a Comment