It's been too long since I've posted, but I decided to just jump in rather than be overwhelmed by all that I should have done and all the pictures I should have posted and all the events I should have updated. I decided I'm not posting for anyone else to read (which I worried about too much before!), but just to keep a family history for ourselves.
Greyson amazes us. He is such a smart little boy. At about six months, we started watching Baby Signing Time DVDs which teach sign language. He picked up a couple of basic signs (more, eat) which were really helpful to be able to communicate with the little man. As he's grown, he uses more and more signs and it seems like every other day he's doing a new sign. Last night we checked out one of the DVDs from the library (we only own two of them) and as he was watching for the first time, he was trying out the signs! What a way to make a mom proud! ;) G now regularly signs more, eat, milk, banana, drink, cereal, cracker, dog (his favorite), bird, cat, sorry, baby, owie/hurt, shoes, socks, hat, car, bike, and train.
Greyson also is a chatter box. Unfortunately, the only words we recognize are dad/daddy, mom and hi. Once he very distinctly said "baby" but there is yet to be a repeat of that. He loves to talk and whenever I am on the phone he wants a turn. Apparently I say "um" a lot because he has picked up on that and it's now a part of his vocab. He will have a full conversation with you and tell you all kinds of things--just not in a recognizable language. Whatever he is saying must be funny because he laughs at it. It's obvious he's saying something, and I honestly think in his head he really is communicating. He has tone and inflection and asks questions. I just wish I knew what he meant!
4 days ago

5 comments:
yay! an update on that cute little guy :) I feel the same way... I wasn't too worried about what I wrote or how I wrote it, i just cared too much about comments. before EVERYONE had a blog and Facebook was so popular I use to get so many, then it slipped off more and more. I was so sad no one cared anymore.. haha..
Now I just write for myself and the book I make at the end of each year. It's my favorite way to "scrapbook!"
Greyson is so adorable!
Yay! I'm so glad you posted again! You have such a cute kid! Phoebe signs more, eat, drink, please, thank you, water too. It's so fun. I tried getting those videos from the library but she won't watch them. Only Annalee would watch them. I remember watching one for the first time at your apartment in Provo when I came to visit. I wish I could visit again! Keep posting!
He is so cute. It was fun to see him and you for just a second today.
I've been the same way with my blog. Facebook is just so much easier I forget to update my blog...but I'm trying to do better. :)
I've heard so many good things about sign time. That's awesome is picking up on it. He is such a smart and cute little guy!
so exciting! i loved hearing him babble as well as his recognizable words! he'll be spouting full sentences soon!
Post a Comment