Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Book it

I love to read. I would spend the majority of my time reading if I could. So I'm in a Book Club in my ward, but we've had a lot of trouble picking out books. I'm asking for your help. What are some book recommendations? Books you've read or want to read--I'll take 'em. But please keep in mind you're recommending for a LDS Book Club, and we have to be able to get enough copies for everyone (which is nearly impossible at Provo Library--everything is always on hold), and it has to be something you can read in a month.
This month we're reading The Storyteller's Daughter by Saira Shah because there was a book club set available at the library. We do have one book on hold for October--The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I've heard it's good.
I hope to hear from you. I love hearing what other people are reading. And if it's just a good book but maybe not the best for Book Club, tell me anyway because, again, I love to read.

2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Hey, thanks for the compliments! You are too cute! About books, I love anything Nicholas Sparks writes and he's great for anyone LDS. They're all love stories with a twist. You have heard of The Notebook, A Walk To Remember, and Message In a Bottle right? Well, all those were his books first. He writes great books.

I bet you're wondering what happened to me helping you! I am not flaky- just busy! I have been taking care of my mom as I am sure you noticed. I just got back though and I will totally hook you up!

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Here are some of my picks:

1. In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto (very good non-fiction for the anti-nutritionist in all of us. It will make you re-think grocery shopping)

2. The Time Traveler's Wife: Yes, it has some language, but honestly it is the BEST book I have ever read. Period.

3. A Hannah Swensen mystery (any of them by Joanne Fluke). So fun. With yummy cookie recipes. Light reading. PG mysteries. What else can I say?

4. The Blessing of a Skinned Knee. Also non-fiction. About raising kids. Our bookgroup at church did it and it was a reall hit!

5. Eats, Shoots, and Leaves. Our bookgroup also did this one and it is a hilarious read about grammar blunders. Light and interesting. It will make you a grammar freak.