Tyler and I have been looking forward to our trip to Lake Powell ALL summer. As soon as we found out, we were beyond excited! The only bummer was that I had a business trip that overlapped with Powell. Of all the days that I had to go out of town (btw, this was my first biz trip ever), it had to be those same days. But luckily, we still got 5 wonderful days (well, including driving) at the lake! We stayed on a houseboat with Tyler's mom and dad, aunt and uncle, cousin and her husband and two kids. Super fun.
This was my first time at Lake Powell, so we had to do everything! Tyler wakeboarded and he was awesome! I tried both wakeboarding and waterskiing and got a taste of Lake Powell--I mean that literally. I managed to get up for a second, but wow, it wears you out quick! Tyler was a pro flying around the lake and jumping over the wake and even going one-handed! Whew! I preferred to be the camera-woman taking pics and recording his amazingness.
I did take a turn on a tube flying behind the boat. After my first time being thrown off like a rag doll, Tyler's uncle Ray took it a lot easier. Tyler and cousin Jeremy went absolutely CRAZY flying everywhere and still managing to hold on. It was hilarious! Ray had no mercy on the boys and spun them in circles.
We took a ride down to Rainbow Bridge. It was BEAUTIFUL. But holy moly, SO hot! We took a waterbottle with us on the 2/3 mile walk, and the water was nearly boiling by the time we walked back! Anyway, Rainbow Bridge is incredible and definitely worth the heat.
I was being scorned by everyone for not bringing a hat (a must at Powell my inexperience showed) so we stopped by a little souvenir shop and I got a cute hat that, of course, says Lake Powell in pink sparkles. It was so nice to have!
We spent a lot of time in the water swimming, floating around, and even bathing! I lost a bar of soap to the fish (please note--Ivory floats, Zest does not) but the water is so dirty I'm sure it won't hurt. The water was so warm and so nice. The best way to start out the morning was to jump in! Or if you got hot, jump in! Or if you were bored, jump in! We stayed in swimsuits nearly the whole time so it was very convenient. We spent a lot of time relaxing in the lake. We did a teensy bit of cliff jumping in the canyon where the houseboat was, but just a teensy bit. Enough to say we did it. ;)
Vacations are for relaxing, so we read, watched movies, slept, relaxed--it was nice. I cannot wait until our next trip to Lake Powell (whenever it might be) because we had such a good time! Don't judge us in these pictures--you're not supposed to wear make-up and look gorgeous when you're on vacation! ;)
Lupe and Ron (parents)
Ray and Diane (Tyler's aunt and uncle)
Annie (cousin), Jeremy (husband) and Jordan (the little one) playing on the rocks
Lily (this girl has so much attitude, wow! She is adorable though!)

6 comments:
Ooo, how fun! I have never been to Lake Powell, hopefully someday. I love wakeboarding and cliff jumping..basically anything with water- so I definitely need to go!
How fun! I am jealous, I love chillin' on the house boat in Lake Powell.
That looks like so much fun! I still have never been to Lake Powell, but maybe someday I will.
I'll go to Lake Powell someday, but I'm glad you guys had so much fun! We miss you guys!
I can't believe that was your first trip! That is one of my favorite places. I have been going since I was an infant and I still can't wakeboard/waterski/do anything remotely athletic behind a speeding piece of fiberglass with an outboard motor...Anyway, I am damn good at laying out in the sun on the bow...Your pictures made me ache for those canyons. I am glad you went to Rainbow Bridge, too. Isn't it one of the neatest sights ever. You are lucky you got to stay on a houseboat. That is a rough trip without one.
In that second picture, I am pretty sure there is a reconstituted turd floating next to you. I hate when the water level rises and covers beaches hundreds of people have camped on.
Post a Comment