Wednesday, September 3, 2008

O Canada

So a little late in coming, but I wanted to post some of my pics from my trip to Canada. Ahem, my business trip to Canada. If you think I'm a little more grown-up now than you did before, I understand.

I have to explain a little about my job so the purpose of the biz trip makes sense. ProPay (that's my work) allows small merchants to process credit cards, and our biggest client is Mary Kay. The reason for the Canada trip was for a Mary Kay Conference in Toronto. We set up a booth to advertise our service and for those MK ladies to tell us how much they love us (or hate us....luckily there were only a few of those). And because I speak French, I was asked to go. Now you know the purpose, and I can tell you what actually happened!

If I was a MK lady.....hehehe
My co-workers and I got there Saturday afternoon and had some time because the conference didn't start until the next morning so we headed to Niagara Falls for a little sight seeing. This was my second time at the falls, but it was still just as jaw-dropping as the first time. I can't believe how big they are! It is beautiful and amazing--definitely one of those must-do-in-your-lifetime kind of things. I was a maid of the mist going right into the center of the falls and getting a little bit drenched. Really truly incredible.


Sunday we worked the convention. Monday we got out early so we went into downtown Toronto and ate atop the CN Tower. It's the tallest completed structure in the world (apparently they're in the process of building another which will be taller, hence "completed"). It was a super expensive restaraunt that spun around slowly so that you got to see the view from every position. So cool!

I'm laying on the glass floor--see how far way the ground is?

To top the evening off, we went to a Blue Jays game and they won! Hooray for a real baseball game. I can't even believe those guys can hit those balls thrown so fast! And then they catch them like it's no sweat! But I guess that's how it goes when you're "professional" haha.Tuesday was work work work and then we flew home. I was so happy to see my honey again! It was super expensive to call internationally so I had to be tough and stick to emailing and a couple pricey texts. Home really was home sweet home.

4 comments:

Wesley Family said...

Yep definitely more grown up! That is so cool, I have never been to Niagara Falls, I guess I'll have to put it on my to do list.

Sudar Clan said...

Looks like fun. Not all Mary Kay ladies are bad :)

Miriam said...

I think you are definitely more grown-up now that you have business trip under your belt :) I am definitely going to try and get a copy of Austenland. The Yoga DVD I have is from Living Yoga, they have all kinds of different DVDs. The ones I have are not astanga yoga...more traditional where you hold the poses for longer periods of time. -Miriam

Steve said...

yay for canada!!