So I really enjoy blogging. But I feel like I need to have a big story or cool pictures in order to post. And a lot of living is just day to day stuff and not much out of the ordinary. But I have decided that it's absolutely okay to post about that. So I will.
A run down on me, Dominique: I have a really good job. I work at ProPay, which does basically credit card processing (think PayPal, but better...I'm not biased though ;). I deal with chargebacks, aka credit card disputes. A couple days ago this lady I was talking to on the phone told me she would hate my job. But ya know, I like it. I'm good at what I do and it gives me a nice sense of accomplishment. I think that's important in a job. Also, not all of our customers think of it this way, but I do help people. First the chargeback makes them mad, and I then I help them to resolve it. It's a good thing in the end. Plus I have really great co-workers and I enjoy being around them. Working at PP has been a blessing. It's a good place to work.
I'm the Relief Society chorister in my ward. I really enjoy my calling. I LOVE music and singing hymns can be so spiritual. It's not a super intense calling and sometimes I wish it asked more, but I really do like it. It's quite perfect for me. Good thing I took that conducting class for my music minor....
Tyler is working hard at school. He changed his major to Latin American Studies recently for two reasons--1) because he had a lot of Spanish credits and he can graduate soon and 2) because he's focusing on the Hispanic culture which can be later applied to a career. Oh, and he likes it too. Depending on if a class is offered in the spring, Tyler will either graduate in August or December of this year. We're excited to see the end coming!
Once Tyler is graduated, we'll head off to grad school for a degree in advertising. Our first pick is Virginia Commonwealth University because they have the #1 program in the country. There are waiting lists of companies who want to hire you as soon as you graduate. And we are cool with that! Our second choice is a school in Miami. We'll see when the time comes.
Tyler left the Daily Universe in December and has been looking for a job. He'd really love to do graphic design. Unfortunately, those job offering are quick to disappear so in the meantime he went back to serving twice a week at La Vigna in American Fork. They welcomed him back with open arms, of course.
Ty is still serving as first counselor in the bishopric. Because he's in the bishopric, he got set apart as a veil worker at the Provo Temple. Isn't that so cool? I really think it's awesome that he has the opportunity to serve there as well as in our ward!
We are very happy and are doing well. Life is good, even if a bit of the same old same old. But I guess that's just a little of what life is. :)
4 days ago

14 comments:
haha, I laughed when I saw that comment on my blog, quong.
here are some more lyrics for you:
"13 forever, I wish I could be!
So many bands custom made just for me!"
and
"on the boats and on the planes..."
and of course
"my power, my pleasure, my PAIN!"
and finally
"dominique, blair bury, and colette
dani last of all, rachel crockett
leave a message."
It's good to hear you are happy and doing well in the same ole' same ole' we call life.
You're so cute. That's how I feel about bloging, but I guess that's what people want to read about becuase they don't see you everyday. I enjoy reading about your everyday life, it's fun!!
loved the update! I do think it is nice to be able to blog about your thoughts and life. What exciting prospects you have in your future! It's good to enjoy UT as long as you are there. There really are so many great opportunities that you can only experience there.
I say Miami would be a great place to go, then we could be close enough to hang out at the beach! :)
Ha. Nice lyrics Dani. Dominique, I love hearing about your day-to-day. I think being chorister is one of the best callings too. And WOW. I didn't know he changed his major and will be able to graduate this year. Hooray! Oh, and SO cool about being a temple worker.
Whoo hoo! love your new background!
It's fun to hear about what you guys are up to. Keep on blogging.
Nice post! It's kind of sad though when I have to read a post to catch up on my brother! I am a bad sister. I need to use that thing called a telephone more often-and I'm a little miffed that there were no schools closer to portland listed ;)
I feel that way too... like i have to have something spectacular to post- but i actually enjoy reading people's blogs who post random stuff on a more frequent basis.
Anyway, i liked the update. It's the day to day stuff that makes us who we are.
You should definitely go with Virginia Commonwealth University, then you will be close to us and a bunch of other fron BYU 85th ward members!
Dom,
It was so good to see you and Tyler at Shay and Dix's baptism. Thanks so much for coming. We appreciate the love and support! Loved your post! The day to day stuff, make up our lives!~
I totally agree about wanting to blog more but what's there to say about every day??? I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well, we miss you guys! Come to school in Texas :)
It's not boring when you have no pictures! We still love to hear what is going on in your lives. that is cool you might be going to miami.. I would love to go there... So warm...
Post a Comment