Monday, April 2, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

Favorite truck jamis
We were sitting on the couch, and Greyson walks up to Tyler and whispers in his ear and then starts laughing.  Then he walks over to me and tells me a gibberish secret, and again starts laughing.  Tyler and I are cracking up at him and he realizes that he's being funny, so he goes back and forth between the two of us telling us secrets and then laughing at whatever he said.  Those secrets will remain secrets though because we could not figure out what he was saying.

Daddy & Greyson
Recently, Greyson started referring to me as "the mama".  He got out his tool set and said, "Need to fix the mama" and then plucked at my clothes with some pliers.  "Tickle the mama."  "Get the mama."  "Need the mama."
Mama & Greyson
We had just gotten home from church and Greyson asked, "Daddy work?"  Tyler responded and told him that he was not going to work and asked, "Greyson work?"  Greyson said yes, so Tyler asked him where he works.  He answered simply, "zoo."
Reeses are delicious
We can't get enough tickling at our house!  G is a tickling FIEND.  He tickles everyone and everything--I've seen him tickle the couch, my phone, the toilet, his toys, everything.  It's also his mark of acceptance.  If he loves you, he will tickle you.  And his tickling is accompanied by him saying, "ticka-ticka-ticka-tah!"
G and I did 4 weeks of Parent-Tot swim lessons.  He did really well, but he shivered almost the whole time every time.  Poor boy!
For about a week straight, Greyson watched Monsters, Inc. every single day.  And he would really watch it; it wasn't just background while playing.  Part of it is because he gets to watch it on his own personal screen--the pad (more commonly known as an iPad).  Watching movies on the pad is way better than on the TV!  Anyway, last year when we went to Disneyland we got our picture taken with Sully.  Tyler got the picture out to show Greyson that he, mom, and dad were next to a monster.  We thought he would really like to see it and be excited about it.  Greyson looked at it, shrugged his shoulder, muttered a disinterested, "huh" and went back to his movie!
California Adventures 2011 with Sully
I thought Greyson was a counting genius.  He's had 1 and 2 down for awhile (more like, "2...1...go!!") and occassionally three, but that was about it.  I heard Greyson counting at the grocery store, "6, 7, 8" and I was so impressed by my little boy!  But in reality, we're still missing a few numbers.  Greyson counts, "1, 2, 6, 7,8".  It's a work in progress.
Big boy bed!
Our kind neighbors let Greyson jump on their tramp and play on their swingset, and Greyson basically thinks their backyard is his backyard.  He loves to jump on the couch, bed, floor, over cracks in the cement, over toys, on top of toys, when he is excited or happy, or for no reason at all.  So their tramp is heaven to him.  He doesn't get tired of jumping either; he just wants to jump all the time.  One day he was jumping on their tramp and asked if mama wanted to "jump tamp".  I explained that I was too big and couldn't because of the baby in my tummy.  He looked at me and said, "Big mama?"  Good thing I love that boy.
Blue delight

No comments: