Complaint #1: When I do my hair curly, sometimes it's FRIZZY. I don't get it. I've tried nearly every product available down the shampoo aisle at Wal-Mart--both gel AND mousse--and still have not been completely satisfied. And I'm too cheap to buy expensive stuff because I go through it too quickly. SOMEdays my hair turns out fine; other days I do the exact same thing with the exact same stuff and I get frizz-mania. Grumble, grumble, it makes me crazy. Here is a picture of my frizz ball from the other day. And hence the hat to try and hide some of it. (But notice I still smiled for the picture ;)

Complaint #2: Sometimes my curls are curly. Sometimes they are not. "That makes no sense!" you say. "I know," I sadly respond. Please, when my hair is curly, never look at the ones on the bottom right behind my neck. 99% of the time they are straight with maybe a little wiggle in them. I can't even classify it as a "curl". See picture below as an example. I do have the wind affect going on, but yeah. That hair is hardly curly!


Complaint #3: My hair wants to part down the very center of my head from forehead to crown. It is the bain of my morning routine. I blowdry, round brush, tease, rat, hairspray to no avail. Oh sure, my part will stay hidden....for a few hours at most. And then it reappears to my utmost dismay. It's aggravating. All I am asking for is no part on the back 1/3 of my head--that's it! Some people refer to it as "Utah hair", my sister Alicia calls it an "eggbert"(haha, she's funny), and I don't really have a name for it, but I love this picture of my hair because it did what I wanted it to do! I like a little volume back there!

So I invite you to share the woes of your hair care routine, or assure me that you still like me despite my hair. ;) Or if you have curly hair and can recommend something good, let me know! I want less frizz and more crisp curls! Any beauty recommendations are invited!

7 comments:
I will start my commenting on my own blog. lol This is my "beauty secret". Egg whites + sugar = curly hair on almost anyone! Not even kidding! I don't know why this combo makes such good curly hair, but it does! It's a little gross (especially when it's drying--sticky!) and kind of smells (I think like cake), but if you want awesome curls, it's the way to go! But too much of an effort to do everyday.
And I'll remind myself that every day is a new day and yesterday's bad hair day can be washed away with some shampoo. :)
My hair is the same way. Hence why it's either an inch long or in a ponytail. I do, however, love redkin's curl spray. Almost always perfect curls w/ that stuff and my diffuser.
Trust me I understand the crappiness, and wonderfulness of curly hair. I found that the less I mess with it the better the curl is, and as tempting as it is to "fix it" it's better to leave it alone. As far as a part is concerned that's going to take time to train the hair. Try it straight or in a pony tail and force the part. My favorite "curl" product is tresemee (sp?) clean hold gel. A medium amount on wet, but almost damp hair and a bit of diffusing does the trick for me.
Sorry about the book I wrote, but I guess i sympathise :) Good Luck!
ah, thank you for this opportunity, Quong. I have one major concern. Sometimes the ends of my hair, with no encouragement from me, flip out on one side and in on the other. it looks stoooopid.
I like you in spite of your hair. and even because of your hair. You have great hair.
Oy. I have many hair woes...so I must comment. When I do mine curly I use a little mouse when it is still damp and diffuse it somewhat and then do super stiff fructis gel and Aussie spray gel and diffuse it till its all curlified. It seems to work pretty well! As for straightening I do leave in conditioner when it is drying and paul mitchell gloss drops before flat ironing..love 'em. But you definitely have good hair. And I totally forgot about the egg white tip..I totally used to do that! It really does work!
My hair care routine of late is called pony-tail...its bad...I need a haircut/hairstyle.
I'll do your hair for you sometime, if you want! Just for fun! We'll see if we can coax out those "curly curls" you want and also get that part to stay where you want it! Ps, I have been meaning to ask you...would you like/mind posing for some pix for me sometime (I want to practice using my camera)?
Post a Comment